Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Boogie Wonderland

Prompt: "Describe something about your host city/country/culture that you will definitely miss when you are back in the US."

¡THE DANCING!
 photo post4gif1_zpsab598b44.gif

The dancing here is so much more fun than back home. It's not the sweaty, beer-scented, question-my-life-decisions frat party environment that's so common back home. It's exhilarating and humbling and makes you wish you were born with whatever genetic mutation that allows Latinos to move this way. Also, Quito is huge, and also I'm in Ecuador. So, theres a point in the night where DJs start playing throwback Beyonce and I just dance my heart out. And I mean like embarrassing dancing, like seventh-grade rocking out in your room to Avril Lavigne and singing into your hairbrush embarrassing, but it doesn't matter.  I'll never see anyone from that club again, so mine as well go for it. I don't have a gif that appropriately captures this unadulterated glee, but if you watch Taylor Swift dancing in the Shake It Off Video, thats about where I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment